Move Wealth Management AG Head of Web on Move Wealth.
Leading development of the front-end of a wealth management platform.
- Leading an effort to upgrade a legacy codebase to a new React based system.
- Interfacing with our design agency and project requirements to develop an intuitive interface.
- Managing internal discussion on pragmatic uses of new technology.
Founder of FrozenRidge, a full-stack web consultancy that specializes in solving hard problems for businesses. FrozenRidge offers training, expertise in Node.js, Databases, and Continuous Integration.
- Performed Node.js training for a Fortune 500 Company
- Orchestrated technical partnerships to promote growth
- Ensured all contracts were completed on-time & on-budget with accurate project estimates for consulting work
Centralway AG Tech Lead
Leading a team of developers in the development of internal services and external websites.
- Accurately planned and estimated large internal projects.
- Implemented large internal web applications, using react.js and flux architecture.
- Used tools such as gulp and rework to implement a best-practises toolchain, and deliver responsive mobile-first web applications.
Yammer Senior Front-End Developer
As a senior member of the Front-End team, I led the team that created the Chat feature and was instrumental in building a responsive user experience, helping grow Yammer to a successful $1.2B sale to Microsoft.
- Led several cross-functional teams to design and implement product features
- Helped architect in-house Front-End framework, used across the Web-App
- Led the automation of the Front-End tests, allowing CI to be added to the team processes
- Wrangled DOM intensive UI onto legacy browsers
GinettaSenior Front-End Lead
Working with a variety of firms in a consulting capacity to lead the implementation of corporate web sites and web applications.
Slide Full-Stack Web Developer
Implemented product features on several extremely well-trafficked Facebook games (Millions of DAU). Worked on the in-house Python Web framework.
- Worked with intense load, writing scalable and performant code
- Implemented in-house game-event library
- Tracked metrics across games for analytics team
Institut Laue Langevin Software Stagiere
Created spectrometer simulation software for the Nuclear Reactor.
- Created the widely used node-opencv bindings, allowing complex computer vision algorithms to be available in node.js
- Creator of over 25 npm modules and collaborator on many more
- Wrote ical.js to parse icalendar files from js
- Committer on Strider CD, an open-source continuous integration and deployment server, written with nodejs and mongodb
- Contributed to wd, the node webdriver bindings
- Presented at developer conferences including NodePDX and Open Source Bridge.
University of St. Andrews BSc. (Hons) Computer Science
- Awarded Class Medal 2006 — 2007
- Wrote dissertation on
Detecting Malicious Behaviour in Social Networks
- Pantheon of front-end web libraries / frameworks including React, etc.
Location / Internationalization
- Dual US / UK Citizenship.
- Native English, working German, rudimentary French and Spanish.
- Currently located in Zürich, Switzerland. (B permit)